Tuesday, August 8, 2017

World Breastfeeding Week

Looking at her face today while breastfeeding, seeing her so dependent on me to fulfil her physical and emotional needs even after carrying her for 40 weeks and going through the arduous experience of labour and childbirth, I was overwhelmed at how amazing and powerful the female body is with its ability to grow, to sustain and to nurture life.

It's so deeply humbling yet empowering at the same time and I was filled with a great sense of awe and gratefulness for the privilege of being in this thankless and relentless season of my life as a stay at home mum. Through the highs and lows, the RAINBOW joy and the pain, I rest in the knowledge that His grace is more than sufficient for me, and His strength will be made perfect in my weakness.

I am extremely proud of myself, my body to be able to breastfeed her and to persevere from the start of her life until now that she's 7 months old. I don't have any plan to stop her forcefully. I will follow my body's and her lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment